Building a brand and running an online business is not easy. The more you grow, the more time and money you will need to invest in the business. At some point, you will need help. Hiring people can be expensive, and when it comes to Email marketing, automation is the way forward. On that note, let's review two Email marketing giants, Aweber and MailChimp.
Both of these platforms give you all the right tools to create authentic email marketing campaigns. Each platform has a wealth of features and options available. Overall, the platforms are similar to each other, but Aweber is easier to use while MailChimp offers more extensive campaigns. But... As you will now, MailChimp comes with a hefty price tag.
In this article, we will look at the significant differences between these two email marketing platforms. However, we want to start by telling you more about the platforms. We want to take a look at their pricing options and their features. So, for everything that you need to know about Aweber and MailChimp, keep reading.
Aweber: Everything you Need to Know
Look, we don't want to waste your time talking about the history of the product. You most probably already know that AWeber is a marketing tool that helps you keep in touch with people who go onto your e-commerce websites, social media platforms, or blogs. (I mean, I use it myself)
With all of the options out there, it can become tough to choose the email marketing client that best serves your needs and purpose. What's excellent about Aweber is how it simplifies each process for you to quickly get set up and start getting your emails sent to your customer base.
In this section, we will look at how much Aweber costs, and we are also going to take a look at some of its key features.
Aweber also offers a 30 day free trail for businesses that want to use their Pro service: https://bizminded.aweber.com/pro.htm
But as you will know there is also a free version you can use.
So... How Much Does Aweber Cost?
As mentioned above, Aweber does have a completely free version for businesses just breaking into email marketing, or that are trying to build their first list. You can download Aweber's free guide to growing your first email list here.
As you can tell from the table below, you can get started with AWeber for as little as $19 per month. There are also two other options. You can go for the quarterly option for $49 every three months or the annual subscription at $193 every 12 months. As referenced on Aweber's website, by paying quarterly or annually, you could save up to 15% annually on your subscription.
Best Aweber Features
- Management tools: AWeber has everything you need to create and manage any marketing campaigns that you might use AWeber for.
- Tracking: With Aweber, you can track all your analytics, including stats such as how many people open your email and how many people click on your links. These types of reports can give you crucial insight into the success of your campaign.
- Over 100 templates: Because Aweber has a variety of templates, you can focus on what is essential, and that is running your campaign and your eCommerce site. The templates are beautiful, and using them can help you create captivating campaigns.
- Tagging: remember, you can see who your clients are, and Aweber allows you to tag clients just in case you want to mark them down as VIP. This will enable you to target specific clients with specific campaigns.
- Free stock images: To make your email campaign stand out, AWeber has a selection of free stock images that you can use to create emails that connect with your subscriber base.
- Customer segmentation: Segmenting your subscriber base allows you to create even more specific emails that target each segment of your subscriber base. You might have to learn more about your subscribers before you can successfully segment them in a way that allows you to send more successful marketing campaigns to their inboxes.
- Automated follow-ups: With automated follow-ups, you can send your subscriber base to where they need to go if they need any questions answered. Having this automated for you removes a lot of stress from your day, and it also means you don't need to pay someone to do so in most cases.
- Ecommerce plugins: Finally, one of the best features is the number of plugins that AWeber has for your e-commerce site. Any number that we give you might be inaccurate, so we will refrain from doing so. This is because AWeber constantly adds new plugins to make your life and your website as efficient as possible.
Obviously, not all of these features are available on the free Aweber subscription, so keep this in mind when choosing your subscription level. Also don't forget... Using Biz-Minded's sign up link gives you a 30 day free trail for Aweber Pro!
MailChimp: Everything you Need to Know
MailChimp is not as straightforward as AWeber. It is a lot more technical, but it does give you more flexibility on how you interact with and manage your marketing campaigns. In this section, we want to talk about the pricing and the features of MailChimp.
MailChimp is what I would call a starter platform, mainly because of the time and effort it takes to create and publish a campaign. For more experienced email marketers, you can get a lot more passive systems from Aweber. Also, for the cost of premium MailChimp systems, you can find it a lot cheaper, and a lot easier elsewhere.
So... How Much Does MailChimp Cost?
You can get started with MailChimp for as little as $12 per month. The pricing then goes up to $19 up to $375 per month. While that may seem like a significant price to pay, we recommend looking at the image below to get a full breakdown of everything you get with each plan.
MailChimp also has a free plan that allows you to create campaigns for up to 2000 subscribers. This free version is excellent if you want a free trial.
The main goal of a email list is to grow it. 2,000 subscribers might sound like a lot, but those spaces soon fill up. Which I recommend you dive in and at least go for the Essentials package to give you to motivation to reach 50,000 people.
Best MailChimp Features
- Management tools: MailChimp gives you everything you need to create and manage your marketing campaigns efficiently and professionally.
- Dynamic pre-built templates: To save you time, MailChimp has a great selection of pre-built email templates. You can use these templates to help save time. Doing this enables you to focus on what matters, and that is building your brand.
- Powerful automation: with MailChimp, everything is automated. Once you have set up your campaign, you can just let MailChimp do all the heavy lifting in the background. You can set everything from scheduled emails to even segmenting your customer base.
- Mobile app: MailChimp has a mobile app to keep track of your campaign wherever you are. Even if you are running on a treadmill at the gym, you will always have MailChimp with you in your pocket.
- Testing: You can create tester campaigns and send them to a small portion of your subscriber base.
- Reports: To see how your campaigns are doing, MailChimp has an extensive reporting and analytics feature.
As you can see, there is a difference in features between the 2 platforms. But this is because Aweber focuses on automation, whereas MailChimp edges towards customer journey. So you would need to choose between your time and your customers experience.
Key Differences Between Aweber & MailChimp
To give you a summary of the differences is easy. Aweber and MailChimp are both excellent in their own right. Both of these services enable you to create great marketing campaigns. Also, they make it easy for people to subscribe to your emails.
Even though I prefer Aweber because of the extra automation and passivity, doesn't mean it's right for your business. I would say Aweber is most suited to Ecommerce, Blogging, Online Courses, and Marketing businesses. Whereas MailChimp is better for more traditional business models where they are client facing. This is simply because MailChimp can allow you to add a personal touch to your emails, and Aweber is simply focused on conversions.
The critical differences between Aweber and MailChimp are in the price, the ease of use, and that is about it.
- Ease of use: Aweber is more beginner-friendly than MailChimp. However, that does not mean it is better. MailChimp is not "hard to use," it takes more time to get used to.
- Price: MailChimp may seem more expensive to use, but you should not judge that until you have worked out how much it would cost you to run your campaigns according to the number of subscribers you have.
- Features: Both services have similar features. They are also constantly updating their offerings, so keep an eye on that. But at the minute Aweber offers more automation and MailChimp offers more flexibility on email editing.
We can't determine which platform you should use but what we can say is, you should use at least one of them. The power of Email marketing can take your business to the next level. It is something that a lot of new eCommerce entrepreneurs overlook, and it can stem the growth of your business if you do overlook it.